Advertise

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 06, 2012

NICK CARTER: Why I Didn't Go To Leslie's Funeral

Singer Nick Carter did not attend the funeral for his sister Leslie over the weekend, but it wasn't because he didn't desire to.

The Backstreet Boy tells CNN in a statement that his decision not to attend was more complicated than that.

“I wanted to be at my sister’s funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic," Carter, 32, says. "I love my family...There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive and focused.”


Leslie passed away last Tuesday at the age of 25, leaving behind, among other loved ones, a 10-month-old daughter. A police report released on Thursday revealed that she died of an apparent overdose, as three prescription medications were found near her when police responded to a 911 call from Leslie's stepmother, Ginger.

Her stepmother told police that Leslie had struggled with "a long history of mental illness" and was taking medication to treat her depression.

Nick, who has continued his tour following his sister's death, thanks "everyone for all of their compassion and support that I have received during this most difficult time."


0 comments: