Advertise

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 06, 2012

NICK CARTER: Didn't Attend Sister's Funeral

Nick Carter says his ''complicated'' family situation stopped him from attending the funeral of his sister Leslie yesterday (05.02.12).

Nick Carter claims his family prevented him from attending his sister's funeral.
Leslie Carter - who died of a suspected prescription drug overdose last Tuesday (31.01.12) - was laid to rest in New York yesterday (05.02.12) afternoon but the Backstreet Boys singer claims he was unable to be there because of his "complicated" relationship with his relatives.

He told TMZ: "I wanted to be at my sister's funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic.

"There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive, and focused."

Though he refused to be drawn further on the matter, sources told TMZ that family members had gone "out of their way" to ensure Nick - who had concerts scheduled over the weekend in New York and Pennsylvania - was not involved in the service.

The funeral - which was attended by around 60 or 70 mourners - took place at the Freay Funeral Home in Mayville, New York and was described as "wonderful and touching" by insiders.

Before attending the service, Leslie and Nick's brother Aaron Carter tweeted: "The truth will reveal itself. I Love you Leslie soo very very very very very much!! virtually no words. You will always be my best friend."

He later added: "My heart is completely broken.. #signingoff (sic)"

Leslie leaves behind her husband Mike Ashton and 10-month-old daughter Alyssa Jane.


0 comments: