Advertise

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, February 06, 2012

LESLIE CARTER: Funeral Was A ‘Celebration Of Who She Was’

Four days after her death, Nick and Aaron Carter‘s sister Leslie was laid to rest in a funeral service held near in Mayville, NY. Over 60 mourners attended the memorial to bid farewell to the 25-year-old aspiring singer. At the service, Leslie, who suffered an apparent overdose of prescription pills, was eulogized by several friends and family including her brother Aaron and widower Mike Ashton.

“It was a celebration of who she was and how much she was loved by everyone,” a guest told People. “There was a lot of crying but there was laughter too – there was joy in the stories people told.”

One guest that was notably absent was Leslie’s brother Nick, who is currently on tour in the United States. Over the weekend, the former Backstreet Boys member held a concert and hosted an after-party at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City. Although he didn’t make it to Leslie’s funeral, Nick did release a statement explaining his absence.

“I wanted to be at my sister’s funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic,” Nick said. “I love my family. I want to thank everyone for all of their compassion and support that I have received during this most difficult time. There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive and focused.”

During a recent concert, Nick had also dedicated a song to his late sibling.


0 comments: